The most disgusting Halloween party food that I’ve come across in recent memory is the Kitty Litter Cake. Black cats are associated with Halloween. Cats “do their business” in kitty litter boxes. The combination was inevitable. Here’s how to make a really, REALLY gross and disgusting Halloween party food:
* 1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
* 1 white cake mix
* 2 large packages vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
* 1 large package vanilla sandwich cookies
* Green food coloring
* 12 small Tootsie Roll candies
* 1 new kitty litter pan
* 1 new kitty litter pan liner
* 1 new pooper scooper Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions. Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies, and set aside all but about 1/4 cup.
To the 1/4 cup of cookie crumbs, add a few drops of green food coloring and mix until completely colored. Crumble cooled cakes into a large bowl. Mix with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding.
Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.
Heat three Tootsie Rolls until they are soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with three more Tootsie rolls, burying them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything ó this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
Heat three Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread the remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top.
For a really gross finishing touch, take one Tootsie Roll and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a sheet of newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for an even more disgusting effect!