Halloween happens once a year and this is the only time that you can get away with a few snacks that may sound gross but are great to fill anyone’s stomach. Here are a few examples.
1. The first is the Bat Sandwich. You will need some sharp cheddar cheese, soft chive and onion flavored cream cheese, drained diced pimiento, chopped toasted pecans and bread slices. After you mix the ingredients mentioned, put the spread onto one side of the bread and then put another one on top. Cut this to shape like a bat and then serve.
2. Something light you can also serve is Goblin’s Taco Chicken salad. You will need skinless chicken breasts, tomato based salsa, salad greens, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, green olives and sour cream.
Cut the chicken breasts into small strips. When you are finished, cook this with salsa at medium high for ten minutes until the chicken is cooked. Mix this with greens and cheese in a large bowl then add any remaining salsa together with the dressing. You can also put in tortilla chips and sour cream which helps make it crunchy.
3. Next is Brain Cell Delight. For this, you will need some jello, cottage cheese and blueberry soup. One you mix the jello with water, put this in a bowl and then let if chill in the refrigerator. Mix blueberry syrup with cottage cheese until it is well blended. To give it a graying color, add some food coloring. Now take out the jello, cut a slice so you can put this on the place then add the blended mixture.
4. Ever eaten a hotdog that was also a pizza? Well you can when you make the Halloween Mummy Dog. For this snack, you will need some pizza dough rolls, mozzarella cheese, non-stick spray, pizza sauce, assorted vegetables and hotdogs.
5. Halloween is not the same without the pumpkin. If you carved one, you can use the contents to make Pumpkin Pie. Aside from the pumpkin, you will also need sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves, ground allspice, ground ginger, slat, eggs and evaporated milk.
Cook the contents of the pumpkin pie and then let it cool. Then get the rest of the ingredients and mix this all together before putting this into the pie bowl as this will form the pie’s crust. After heating this in the oven, it will harden. Now pour in the pumpkin filling and cover it up with the remainder of the crust on top and leave put into the oven for 45 minutes. When it’s finished, cool the pie in a rack and refrigerate.
6. One game that people get to play during Halloween is apple bobbing. Instead of playing with food, you can enjoy it by making Apples on Stick. After you rinse the apples and pat it dry, you remove the apple stem and insert a popsicle stick. Roll this in peanut butter then raisins, dried cranberries and shredded coconut then serve.
Guests who come over will enjoy the different Halloween snacks you prepared. What is even better is that these are all easy to make so the kitchen will not be that messy. So people will know what these snacks are, don’t forget to write the names of each one on a small card so if they really like it, you can give them the recipe.